Career Opportunities with Trans Associates
We are always looking for quality engineers and professionals to add to our team. If you have a passion for transportation engineering and are looking for a growing company with a great work culture, please contact us for more information!
Trans Associates, a transportation engineering consulting firm, is seeking to fill a full-time Traffic Engineer position in Pittsburgh. The office is conveniently located at the intersection of I-79 and Steubenville Pike in Robinson Township, PA.
This position will provide a varied range of opportunities in a professional work environment, including:
- Involvement with all phases of transportation planning and design projects;
- Experience with a diverse range of interesting projects and clients; and
- Career enhancement educational and networking opportunities.
Candidates should possess:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience;
- E.I.T. (P.E., P.T.O.E. a plus);
- Proficient with HCS and Synchro;
- Knowledge of Microstation, AutoCAD, and other traffic engineering software a plus; and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Job responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
1. Traffic enginering analysis and siimulation including use of traffic engineering software;
2. Assigning traffic collection duties to technicians and supervising work activities;
3. Performing field views and data collection for analysis purposes;
4. Report preparation and technical writing including correspondence with clients as directed by supervisor;
5. Performing various research for project managers;
6. Provide communication with clients regarding data and issues relevant to projects;
7. Review work performed by other members for quality assurance;
8. Meeting attendance with senior staff members as directed;
9. Comply with quality procedures as identified in the Quality System Manual; and
10. Additional duties as required.
Trans Associates offers an excellent salary and benefits package. EOE/AA