Signal Design Services
Trans Associates was retained by The City of Pittsburgh to perform signal upgrades at intersections throughout the City’s Central Business District. The objective of the project was to bring the downtown signals up to current standards and incorporate accessibility improvements, increase visibility of signals and improve the consistency of protected left turn signals.
Additional design features included accessible pedestrian indicator systems, ADA upgrades, signal pole foundations, curb extensions and stormwater system modifications.
Services provided by Trans Associates’ team include:
- Traffic signal design
- Preliminary and final roadway design
- Traffic analysis
- Preliminary and final field survey
- Preliminary and final existing utilities investigation/relocation
- Level 1b Category Exclusion Evaluation (CEE)
- Preliminary and final Erosion and Sedimentary Control Plan
- Preliminary and final Right-of-Way Investigation
- Regulatory and parking signage
- P.S.&E. Submission