Trans Associates performed the traffic analysis for the Point of Access Study for the Southern Beltway interchange with I-79 and Morganza Road (SR 1009). We also performed the traffic analysis for the intersections along Morganza Road (SR 1009) in the vicinity of the proposed Southern Beltway ramps to determine the need for turn lanes and signals, and to evaluate the impact of the Southern Beltway on adjacent intersections.
Our project staff managed a team of sub-consultants providing geotechnical, environmental and structural design services. Several alternatives were developed and presented to PennDOT and the public.
Trans Associates’ services included:
- Traffic Data Collection
- Projection of Future Traffic Volumes
- Analysis of Capacity of Key Roadways and Intersections
- Safety Analysis of High Accident Locations
- Upgrade Evaluation of Existing Roadway Network
- Preparation of Portions of CMS and MIS Reports
- Attendance at Public Meetings