Career Opportunities with Trans Associates
We are always looking for quality engineers and professionals to add to our team. If you have a passion for transportation engineering and are looking for an opportunity to work for a firm with a wide array of clients and project work, please send us your resume!
Transportation Engineer – State College, PA
Trans Associates has an opening for a dynamic and proactive Transportation Engineer ready to make an impact in Central PA working out of our State College office. At Trans Associates you will leverage your hands-on professional engineering experience and resourcefulness and be empowered to tackle study and design challenges.
This position is a career opportunity where your creativity and unique perspective will be valued and appreciated. Work tasks are diverse and you can expect project complexity to progress with experience.
Trans Associates recognizes the importance of providing a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of professional development goals. At Trans Associates you can expect a great work culture as well as continuing education in support of P.E. licensure renewal.
This position offers diverse work tasks, progressive project complexity and a clear pathway into a leadership role with the firm. Contact us today and see what we have to offer!
A qualified Traffic Engineer at Trans Associates will:
- Prepare and lead traffic impact studies, parking studies, corridor studies, intersection analyses, access and circulation studies and assist with institutional master plans.
- Design field data collection efforts and study methodologies.
- Manage project or direct traffic tasks on projects. Monitor project progress for technical accuracy and conformance to schedule and budget.
- Perform traffic data collection, operational analysis and safety studies
- Perform traffic analysis and modeling
- Prepare project reports, plans and technical documents.
- May design traffic elements and prepare roadway and traffic signal plans, maintenance of traffic, pavement and signing plans.
- May attend and present material at community meetings, public hearings and multi-disciplinary design charrettes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Background in traffic engineering principles and methodologies for transportation design.
- Minimum three (3) years progressive experience in traffic engineering.
- Proficiency with Synchro/SimTraffic, MicroStation, Petra, Trax, Sidra, HCS, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Highway design or HOP experience preferred.
- Experience with the preparation of traffic studies.
- Familiarity with PennDOT and PTC standards and procedures is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Trans Associates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.