Career Opportunities with Trans Associates
We are always looking for quality engineers and professionals to add to our team. If you have a passion for transportation engineering and are looking for an opportunity to work for a firm with a wide array of clients and project work, please send us your resume!
Current Openings – Highway and Drainage Engineer, Pittsburgh; Analyst, Pittsburgh
Trans Associates has an opening for an Analyst in our transportation engineering services group. We are seeking an entry-level Analyst with strong communication skills to work closely with experienced professionals to summarize technical data. Our analysts work with data pertaining to traffic flow, crash statistics, highway infrastructure, and parking, among other topics.
To be successful in this role, you should be a detail-oriented self-starter who combines a strong technical understanding of data analysis with excellent computer skills. The main objective is to organize and analyze large amounts of data using Excel spreadsheets and/or software specifically designed for the task. The final results of the data analysis need to be easy enough for all stakeholders to understand with concise language and graphical interpretations.
We recognized the importance of providing a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of professional development goals. Trans Associates provides an excellent benefits package including 401K, top notch health benefits including vision and dental, as well as onsite continuing education.
- Data reduction – summarizing large volumes of traffic data into summary report with tabular/graphic elements
- Assist with field data collection efforts and study methodologies
- Prepare project reports, graphics and technical documents.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office360 with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- B.S. preferred, Associates Degree or 4 years relevant work experience
- Attention to detail, effective decision making and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of small project teams.
Highway and Drainage Engineer, Pittsburgh
Trans Associates has an opening for a dynamic and proactive Highway and Drainage Engineer ready to make an impact. At Trans Associates you will leverage your hands-on professional engineering experience and resourcefulness and work side by side with Principals, Project Managers and Clients to tackle highway and drainage challenges. This position is a career opportunity where your creativity and unique perspective will be valued and appreciated. The daily work tasks are varied, multi-disciplined and challenging. You will be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interests of everyone involved.
We recognized the importance of providing a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of professional development goals. At Trans Associates you can expect social events as well as onsite continuing education in support of P.E. licensure renewal and paid membership in ASHE or similar professional organization.
This position offers diverse work tasks, progressive project complexity and a clear pathway into a leadership role with the firm. If you feel that your personal talents are underutilized in your current role, contact us today and see what we have to offer!
A qualified Highway and Drainage Engineer at Trans Associates will:
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status. In addition to roadway design, this position will include drainage design, layouts, calculation, preparation of drainage reports, and preparation of Erosion/Sedimentation Control Plans and obtaining permits on roadway design projects.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Developing task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner, on schedule and within budget.
- Assist with coordination of drainage design activities on highway and bridge construction projects to include: technical planning, design and construction support for hydrologic and hydraulic models, erosion control, storm water abatement and green infrastructure.
- Perform field investigations and assessments of project sites to aid in the hydraulic design process.
- Prepare and assist with specifications and permit submittals.
- Assist in developing preliminary project cost estimates and evaluate quantities.
- Review documents and design work for PennDOT compliance with plans and specifications.
- Attend client, public, project and staff meetings including client progress, plan review, pre-construction and construction review.
- Knowledge and use of MicroStation and InRoads to produce drainage designs, profiles, storm water alleviation and pavement drainage.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- Min. 4 years of civil engineering design experience, 1-2 years in hydraulics/hydrology and erosion and sedimentation pollution control.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering degree, coursework in highway engineering, hydrology, hydraulics
- Engineer-in-Training Certification with desire to obtain PE licensure, PE preferred
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Basic ability and understanding of MicroStation and InRoads
- Demonstrate competent use of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written – e-mails, project memos, reports, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Prior water and storm sewer design experience with PennDOT and municipalities
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Knowledge of PennDOT methods and procedures for water and storm sewer design
Trans Associates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.