Career Opportunities with Trans Associates
We are always looking for quality engineers and professionals to add to our team. If you have a passion for transportation engineering and are looking for an opportunity to work for a firm with a wide array of clients and project work, please send us your resume!
Current Opening – Senior Engineer
Trans Associates has an opening for a Senior Engineer in our roadway design department. This position offers diverse work tasks, progressive project complexity and a clear pathway into a leadership role with the firm. At Trans Associates, the daily work tasks are varied, multi-disciplined and challenging. Trans Associates’ clients include premiere Pittsburgh area institutions and developers, local municipalities and PennDOT.
We recognized the importance of providing a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of personal and professional development goals. We are currently operating in a hybrid work environment to optimize work-life balance.
At Trans Associates you can expect social and educational lunch gatherings, onsite continuing education in support of P.E. licensure renewal and paid membership in a professional association related to your profession.
A Senior Engineer at Trans Associates will:
- Have the ability to perform geometric roadway design in MicroStation and assist in analyses, developing calculations, and preparing contract documents (PS&E) in accordance with state and local agency requirements.
- Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner, on schedule and within budget.
- Assist with coordination of drainage design activities on highway projects
- Perform field investigations and assessments of project sites.
- Prepare and assist with specifications and permit submittals.
- Assist in developing preliminary project cost estimates and evaluate quantities.
- Review documents and design work for compliance with PennDOT plans and specifications.
- Attend client, public, project and staff meetings including client progress, plan review, pre-construction and construction review.
- Receive opportunity to advance to project management role by overseeing one or more subordinates in the completion of work.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering degree, coursework in highway engineering, hydrology, hydraulics
- PA PE licensure
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Demonstrate competent use of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written – e-mails, project memos, reports, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Knowledge of PennDOT methods and procedures for roadway and drainage design preferred
- Basic ability and understanding of MicroStation, experience in OpenRoads Designer is a plus.
- Drainage, stormwater, and erosion control design experience is a plus.
Resumes may be uploaded online at https://transassociates.com/engineers-current-openings/ or at the bottom of this page.
Trans Associates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.